Writing about a delivery kitchen after a very long time. This one’s a little filmy. Its called Udta Punjab. Located in Goregaon , this outlet specializes in Punjabi / Mughlai cuisine and does a pretty decent job with it. This was an invite by Mr. Sunyl to review Udta Punjab and while I’m home I thought this is the right time to review it.
What we liked :
Variety ( Especially for Carnivores )
They shortlisted a few items from their really long menu. Here’s what we had –
- Aloo Nazakat– A tandoori Aloo stuffed with Marinated Paneer. Good clean flavours
- Basil Garlic Paneer Tikka – really soft paneer and a great paneer flavor. Garlic could have been slightly stronger.
- Nawabi Mushroom – Stuffed mushroom. Tandoor item. Recommended
- Paneer Hara Pyaaz – I quite like these Pyaaz gravies. This one was good too.
- Veg Handi – good ratio of veggies to the gravy but lacked a little flavor. We both ( me and my sister found it to be slightly bland )
- Accompaniment – We tried Roti , Paratha and Naan. All remained intact ( non chewy all this time it took for them to deliver it from Goregaon to Borivali )
- Dal Makhni with Jeera Rice – Dal Makhni good in consistency but had way too much garam masala for our liking. It was okay. Jeera rice balanced it though.
Banana Float – didn’t arrive
Note : they also have Chinese dishes in the menu
Taste – 3.5/5
Ambiance – NA ( delivery outlet )
Service – 5 /5 ( their staff was very prompt with the order and delivery and over all co-ordnition. )
Value for money – NA ( This was an invite )